View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Legendary Autos, 427 SC
Not Ranked     

If any of you FE guys are wondering what a set of Weber IDAs would be like I have a set for sale listed on this site. I took them off my FE 427 CO because I have no time to tune. I also purchased a set of 40MM Chokes, and F14 Emulson Tubes as per Eljaros Weber Tuning thread but decided I would save for a EFI Weber set up. I am borrowing a buddies spare manifold and carb until $ are available. I will say that I noticed a LOSS of Torque on the low end with the carb switch. Boy, those Webers do make a difference!!!! Just a note on my manifold. The Holman Moody manifold I have is a straight cut so could be a clearence issue. Not sure since I bought the car and the prior owner had installed large air filters and had cut a very large opening in the hood to clear the filters. I think if only stack filters/screens were used this manifold would still offer proper under hood clearence. Anyway, look at my for sale posting. Could be a cheap way to try or get into Webers. The F14 E tubes and chokes alone cost over $400.00 a real savings as I will include in sale of Weber set up. I just lowered price since they are taking up space on my work bench. If no replys from the Forum then they will go Ebay this weekend.
OCCOBRA