Thread: pink cobra
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Tomcat, To bring you up to date with the pink cobra. The owner refers to it as a mongrel ... ie. It's made up of all bits and pieces but was originally an RMC. ( I think)

Anyways, it has a 289 with about 300HP at the rear wheels, a T5, 3.31 jag rear center and it goes like a scalded cat.

The owner Mark, has spend considerable time and money to improve the handling, brakes and traction. He has developed billet alloy lower arms for the jag diff with outboard brakes etc., as well as upper arms to further control the ar$e end. Also minor suspension geometry changes to the front to improve spring and shock control etc..

In many ways Marks ideas reflect mine. ie. You don't need heaps of HP to make a cobra quick. Handling and stopping is where it is all at. Lots and lots of simple mods made to this car all with a view to improve handling.

Anyways, watch for this car at the tracks.

MARK, if you got your daughter to get you in here then give us a story about the car and your mods.

Last edited by Rebel1; 06-02-2009 at 02:57 AM..