Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanCounter View Post
Steve,

I guess it's time to argue with you again. My granddaughter was born at 21 weeks gestation and weighed 15 ounces when she was 3 days old. Now tell me, would you be willing to back that 6 months up to say 21 weeks? I have living proof in my 11 year granddaughter that each and every one after 21 weeks is murder. And I imagine that as medicine progresses that term will grow shorter and shorter. I've got a better idea about unwanted pregnancies. Kill the mother and adopt the child out. That way you get the guilty party and the recidivism rate would be 0%. And I'd bet the first time rate would go down drastically.
Bernie,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I somehow missed this post and wondered if anything had happened on this thread after the recent murder of the abortion doc.

Anyway - We are capable of growing people in Petri dishes now. However, at what point do we decide that a blob of cells is a human? Does simply having human DNA count as being human? Would exfoliating or wanking be considered manslaughter?

Jews do not consider that blob of cells a person until birth, though they do consider that an unborn fetus has value as potentially being human.

If I were you I would go win the battle you can win right now. Roughly 85-90% of Americans are against abortions in the third trimester unless the mothers health is threatened.

Oh, and in Bernie and Steves dictatorship your solution might work - I would kill the father as well.

Steve