View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdean View Post
On the split flanges....if it were split at the head it would still be one piece since it is all welded at the side pipe flange.
correct, what i have found is the different expansion will over time cause the header flange to bow or warp. some people change gaskets or double them up or never have any problem. i've never heard of anyone who splits the pipes have any problems, at the least you could split the flange in the middle if you choose. the jbl above has all the pipes seperated and it also helps removal and assembly. the other "car" uses the one piece flange and i think there is a leak but i can't do anything about it till i remove the engine. if all the pipes were seperated i could remove the offender by itself and fix it.

you're going to enjoy the jbl when you're done. i've been driving the **** out of the goins car i bought. even though it is a one wheel drive i can't spin the tire it hooks so well, the other car has about 500/500 with ls and it hooks so well tire spin in 2nd is easily controlled and from 3rd on it's hooked up. cornering is wicked under acceleration! just make sure you get everything set up right.

the pics above makes everything on the dash stand out, you really can't see any of the attaching bolts at the top or split under normal light.