View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I had alot of trouble with the VN style in tank pump not delivering, and have now turfed it and installed an intank pump from a 6 ltr LS2 car.
The pump is mounted on the same sender as the old VN unit but I have replaced the old 5/16" solid line with flexible 3/8". The 6ltr pump is rated at probably 50% greater flow than a LS1 pump and at greater pressure.
The fuel the flows up the the engine bay with 3/8" line through a filter and into the fuel rail.
From the rear driver side of the fuel rail, the fuel exits the rail and goes to a regulator.
The excess fuel then flows from the reg' to the return of the tank.
I have used this setup for a couple of events and have had no surge or starvation issues.
It is also quiet to boot!
Thanks Gav, I am running 3/8 single rail setup with my Fuel Reg at the rear. My main EFI pump is a Bosch 044 and when I install the Carter LP with swirl pot I reckon I should be ok. Lot of unncessary plumbing I reckon. I should have pursued the in-tank option earlier in my build. But I got half way with the ext method and its hard to turn back.

Rgds

Gregg