View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302EFI, Supercharged
Not Ranked     

I guess if we are diagnosing here it would be helpful to know what is in the car! It has a 302, EFI with Vortech Supercharger, MSD 6BTM.

During the first 30-45 minutes or so, from cold, it shows no signs of a problem. When I stand on it, it runs up to and over 100 with no signs of fuel starvation.

When it has been running long enough for the problem to appear (usually 40-60 minutes or so) it still runs great except for the occational miss or stumble or Hesitation and of course the tendency to just die unexpectedly.

I called Gary Cook, He does not have a Dyno to run the car on until it malfs so trouble shooting would be changing out parts. I was hoping to find a dyno to bring it to hot and in the puke mode so they could run it with the diagnostic equipment on it to isolate the problem.

Gary said he would start with a fuel filter, so I put on a new one yesterday. If I get a chance to drive it today we'll see what happens. The filter I took off didn't show any of the "bad" signs Gary said to look for. I hope it is this simple though!

I do appreciate any ideas you guys have. Thanks!