View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Make sure, for sure, they are what you want.

Original genuine magnesium Halibrands in the Cobra pattern were only six pin as standard. Although you could special order wheels undrilled and have them drilled for five pin yourself or by another vendor, that was very rare since many pro-sporting and race cars were six pin. The "Cobra" design lends itself to six pins, of course. As you know, nearly all (i always try to remember to say "nearly" when i talk about "all" Cobras) "large" Cobras were six pin, except the splined "Jaguar style" hubs for the 289 street cars.

No doubt the 289 Sports with the 427 chassis may have been splines also, if ordered (or even standard).

So, be sure, for sure.

If they are NOT six-pin, that would be really unusual for Cobra Hali's, by my memory.

In the day, Hali also made 4 and 5 pin for other applications, McLaren, Lola, Indy car specials, etc, but not very likely with the "Cobra" design.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington