View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
Ray ... if you plan on getting a tonneau cover , have ERA do it for you . I was stubborn and said I`ll do it . It involves locating and punching thousands ( at least that`s what it seems like ) holes in the cover and then installing all the fasteners .... and each fastener has 4 ears that have to be bent over individually !
Also look at the spats so you don`t ding up the paint on the rear fenders . I went with the Avons and they do throw some stuff , but not as much as the Billboards .
You don`t show it , but also look at the inside heat shields ( over the primaries ) for the exhaust .... heat may not be a big issue for you up there , but in the deep South it is ... will hit 97 to 98 today !
Bobcat,

Thank you for the tips...When I was up at ERA last time, Peter asked me if I was considering the tonneau cover, but I've been on the fence with it. How often do you use it?

Good to hear your comments about the spats and the Avons. Spats are on my list, and I was considering Avons as I was told they don't kick up as much as the Goodyears do, although the Goodyear Billboards do look good.

Ray