View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #298, 302 5 speed
Not Ranked     

I had a 64 vette and took all kinds of grief for having a Hurst shifter in it. But I drove it not trailered it to shows. Sold it because the local vette guys were not much fun to be around. Got a BDR and have seen other Cobra owners snub SPF guys but seem to tolerate the BDR. I have had a couple of FFR guys tell me they would fix the door seem gaps. Most of the other Cobra guys are great a B & B owner and Shell Valley owner called to go to dinner after one of the shows . The hot rod guys are all pretty friendly. On my way to the Route 66 Festival a vette owner kept trying to get me to race, we were in downtown Springfield at the time. After I parked he walked over and asked me if I was afraid to race him, he really had an attitude. I told him I had owned a vette an didn't need to race his I knew the Cobra was faster. Most of the Mustang guys are great and ask me to park with them. There was only one exception and he didn't seem to get along with anyone, but he did get a 1st place.
BTW, the Route 66 Festival in the fall in Springfield Il is great, they block off downtown around the Lincoln sites and old capitol they only allow cars entered into the areatered cars and it is free to spectators. They have food and bands and last year 1100 cars of
all kinds.