View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajeff View Post
Amazing! That Cobra with 28 miles on it - I looked at that car in Cincinnati over 30 years ago! I went to look at a wrecked DeTomaso Mangusta at a body shop down there. That Cobra was sitting outside behind his shop. Once I saw the Cobra, I was no longer interested in the Mangusta - but, I could not talk him into selling the Cobra. The paint and the wire wheels were in much better condition thirty years ago.

Never was able to wrangle a deal on a real 289 Cobra, although I looked at a few over the years - always just out of reach (more recently - WAY out of reach). I ended up buying a Pantera, which I enjoyed for a dozen years, before selling it to build my ERA FIA car (I kept the BOSS 351 engine and Webers that I had put in the Pantera for my ERA).

Very cool! What's the VIN on the 28 mile Cobra?

Jeff
Here is the Mangusta that you saw, it used to be a off white or tan color but he painted it this red color, he has two of them. Here also is a few pictures of one of the two Boss 429 cars that he also has. The boss only has 6300 miles on it and the Mangusta only has 6100.