View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #89, KCR aluminum 427 windsor
Not Ranked     

A lot of vette owners seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Cobra. Almost every time I'm out around town in my BDR, someone in a Z06 is chasing me down, wanting to race. Yea, like I'd do that in town. He may even be faster... and I could care less. I didn't buy my BDR to impress anyone... I just love the car.

Was visiting a buddy who was mid-build on his FFR (552ci BB). Some guy had contacted him, wanting to see it, & said that HE had a Cobra too... (turned out to be a MUSTANG Cobra)... a terminator, granted, but still a Mustang. When I dropped by, this guy asked if I had one too. I said yes. He asked what engine... I said "427"... he said "FE?"... I said "No, Windsor"... he said "aw, that's too bad!"

I found his reply hilarious. I love the big blocks, but I also LOVE my aluminum 427 Windsor. It's got a snotty cam, so it sounds pretty mean. Have had several people say "awesome sounding big block" as I drive by... I just smile & wave as I drive by.

The whole "build versus buy" thing cracks me up as well. There's no right or wrong, just what's right for YOU. I respect the hell out of the guys who built theirs. I wanted to do a build, but couldn't justify the economics. I got an amazing deal on my BDR, which has WAY more power than I needed or wanted. Had I built, I would've spent nearly twice as much money... and I didn't have to spend a year or two of my free time on the build.

I'd LOVE to build a mod-motored coupe (some day), but I'd need another garage and a lot more cash... gotta keep buying them lotto tickets!
BDR #89- KCR aluminum 427 windsor, TKO-600