Thread: #775 update
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Hi Fred,

I've been following your build since I saw your car up at ERA when I first visited there. A beautiful car that can best be appreciated in person and shows what can be done to an ERA...

To hit your points, one by one...

1 I am also going with the competition dash with glove box and Smith's gauges. I'd be interested to hear comments on the reverse speedometer as I have been unsure about that one.

2 I did go with the HD fan, and the supplemental front fans, is that what you are referring to? Yes I also have the oil cooler on my list.

3. One of my first selections was for the outboard rear brakes and the pin drive wheels.

4. Went with the chrome rollbar.
5. Went with the square tail lights
6. When I had spoken to Peter about this, he had suggested the 3:31 rear for me; I am getting the Tremec 5 speed. My engine is the 428FE with dual quads, and although not yet dyno'd it's meant to be a mild build as I don't plan on racing it. Thoughts?
7. Went with the stainless steel sidepipes for the same reasons you did.
8. My plan has been to go with the 15" vintage pin drive wheels as well, but was looking at the Avons due to the stone issue, but am open to suggestions on tire selection. I'm getting the spats for the front of the rear fenders for protection as well. Tony is doing my paint, with my car due back to Peter on Wednesday.
9. Went with the adjustable seat tracks.
10. I guess the hood scoop is a personal preference issue - after looking at many cobras outfitted both ways, I liked the cleaner looks of the integral hood scoop and went in that direction.
11. Went with the heater.
12. Added the wind wings based upon an earlier suggestion and already had the visors on my list.
13. Went with the wipers; they're required in NJ.
14. Went with the battery in the trunk.
15. Adding the AC pedals based upon prior recommendations and do like the looks. Peter showed me the pedal collection when I was last up there.
16. Going to talk to Peter about the Tonneau cover, if for no other reason than for the 'snap' issue Bob spoke about.

Thanks for your suggestions, I do really appreciate everyone's input. As you all know, there are quite a few 'uncataloged' options for the ERA out there and would hate to miss out on something I may have liked because I was not aware of it, like the shut-off valve on the manifold.

-Ray