Thread: #775 update
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

As noted before, I went with the 3.54 and the TKO 600 0.64 and have been happy with it even here on the DC beltway but then my engine was built to be content in the lower RPM range. As for running out of "room" in first, first carries me well past 40mph if I want which is plenty for me.

The riveted hood scoop is more "original" for the 427 but can't fault you if you prefer the integral one. The outboard brakes are not original! That said, I got the outboard brakes as a personal preference.

Get the tonneau cover and have ERA fit it. For anybody who does not do roof/tonneau work regularly, fitting either can be a royal PITA. I use mine all the time. Keeps the interior warmer when I don't have a passenger and it keeps the interior clean (not to mention the sun off the seats) when parked.It only takes 1-2 minutes to take off or put on and takes virtually no room to speak of in the trunk. In fact properly folded, it will fit behind the seat.

I would get the adjustable seats and the removable steering wheel. Makes it much easier to get in and out and the removable wheel adds a little bit of peace of mind for security when you're not with the car.

If you have alot of speed bumps where you live, you might want to consider the powdercoated/painted sidepipes. Much easier and cheaper to recoat than rechrome.