Thread: #775 update
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Chaplin and patrickt - I appreciate your insights into making the proper selection of transmission/rear end gears. I'm going to call Joe today and confirm the cam I am getting. I want the car to be a street car; my plan is to have it be more comfortable in the low rpms.

WarrenG - Good to get your input, you seem to have gone in the same direction as patrickt with the gear ratios. I knew that the riveted scoop was more 'original' - back when I was younger, I had a car with a riveted scoop, and I remember always wishing it was integral with the hood, so that memory also helped me to decide. And from a practical perspective, how does one get all the wax out from the rivets? Warren, the outboard brakes was an easy decision, based on the reading of all the old threads. Thank you for your thoughts on the tonneau cover, I do think I will be adding that to my list. I already do have the adjustable seat racks on my list, but am concerned about getting the removable wheel through inspection. I will talk to Peter about it when I visit.
Speedbumps are nasty things; there is one town not too far from me that has several on one road, but even now I avoid the road, so I don't anticipate them being a problem for me.

-Ray

Last edited by RAO-3; 06-15-2009 at 06:04 AM..