View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Thanks, the fact that the Kirkhams, as meticulous as they are, have not produced a manual shows you how difficult a quality job really is. The ERA manual is almost on a par with the GM Service Manuals I have. No offense, but I don't think a CSX manual of any decent quality is going to come about unless somebody that really knows their cars, has built them, has an engineering degree and CAD experience, is hired and paid well to do it. Otherwise, the lure of grilling up some burgers while casually fishing and working on one's tan is going to step to the forefront....
Here's the Kirkham Build thread for reference:

Kirkham Motorsports Assembly Manual

"Not too shabby", as Adam Sandler would say.

While I'm sure there will never be another manual the likes of ERA, I agree that it will take someone with auditor/CPA/legal mentality to fully document the build, since there's no payola at the end of the rainbow, and only potential criticism. Personally, I would rather be flipping burgers (veggie, of course, maybe turkey or buffalo) in the backyard.

Rokndad recently changed from carb to Webers on his CSX and was contemplating putting together a manual of sorts for those who are thinking of installing Webers. Tough work.