View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance w/452FE, FFR Spec Racer for NASA TT
Not Ranked     

For anyone sitting on the fence and wondering what driving on a track would be like, this is a fantastic opportunity to come and play in a safe environment with experienced and patient instructors. My high school buddy who built my track car in 2004, has never driven it on a track and this looks to us like the best possible place to learn about the car with others in a low key learning environment and with similar vehicles.

I know most folks on this forum don't know me, but I have competed in NorCal NASA Time Trials since 2005 in a FFR spec (not spec legal) car. Thunderhill, IMO, is much more user friendly than Infineon and many steps above Reno Fernley. It has a nice long front straight and lots of run off area where it counts. One could not ask for better instructors than Karen, John and their team, all with many hours of instructor experience, Cobra experience, and Thunderhill experience. You just can't get that kind of expertise anywhere else.

Most any other track group will have all types of late model vehicles, instructors with little or no Cobra experience (and Cobras are special!!) and probably higher track counts for beginners to cope with. Simply put there is no better place to learn about your car and improve your own skill level than at an event like this. I have competed in drag racing, autocross, and open track events, and it just doesn't get any better than an event like this.

Disclaimer: I love driving track events and T-Hill especially. This is a totally unsolicited but clearly biased opinion. I hope to see lots of new Cobra folks on the tract!! Sign up now to help make this event a success and a future annual event!!!

Lowell Fennie, FFR Spec Racer, SPF 1036 street car