View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffy View Post
I find the standard clutch a bit light, I havent had any issues with shudder or pick up.

Has anyone compared the standard clutch to the aftermarket one's in the car????
Stiffy, by 'standard' do you mean standard 5.7L Holden dunnydoor clutch or standard 7.0L Corvette clutch? Both factory standard but I would suggest leagues apart.

Some advice I received on lightened flywheels... with the comparatively light reciprocating mass of these LS engines (ability to accel/decel fast), combined with low weight of the Cobra particularly over the back wheels, a heavier (stock) flywheel will help smooth out changes in driveline inertia, providing more traction into and out of corners. On the other hand a lightened flywheel will lose more engine speed during gear changes and engine braking so the rear is more likely to lock up under brakes. Under heavy acceleration a lightened flywheel allows engine speed to build more rapidly, increasing likelihood of wheel spin (not a bad thing at the Kmart carpark).

Food for thought or just plain confusing/wrong? Hope I've explained it properly.