View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     
Default I have polished stainless pipes as a kit.

Hello Guys, I have teamed up with Ron Roberts from Firefly Performance to produce highly polished 304 stainless steel side pipes as a kit for anyone interested. I never liked the wide space between the four tubes so, we've made the centerline of 4" and 6" radius, nice and tight. The 2" primaries from the header flange, venturi collectors that slip into the muffler housing for a nice & small weld. (see pic below) There are 2 different lengths of muffler length, 2.5" and 3" and the lengths are 21.5" or 3". The turn out, can be turned to the degree you want. We have a trick hanger also, which is welded to the muffler housing and almost disappears from viewing and is very strong.

The only part you'll need is the same 4- hole flange to your header that you have now, because every car has a different angle needed to match your header flange. Your cobra manufacture should have it.

The kit called, "The Gilmore Kit", to the specifications I wanted. The primaries are extra long so you can cut them to the length you need.

I'm not going to produce these as a business but, mine turned out so well, Ron could make some for us guys on club cobra.

The muffler is not a glass pack but built in louvers with a thin layer of stainless mesh so, nothing to burn out. It's a bit louder than my stock Lone Star's but not too loud. The DB levels are different to each individual. For me their perfect. The different in sound from mild steel to stainless is awesome !
A friend said they almost sound like a Pro-Stock. lol

Below is a link to Firefly Performance's website. Also a few photo's of the kit, the pipes on my cobra and a small video of my car running. I took a mother
and her child for a ride in this video so, I did not want to scare them too much with a hard launch, in a parking lot. Listen to the motor idling, it's not too loud. But when you get on it, the sound is raspy with a grunt. I plan on taping the sound from start up, idling, cruising and on the highway soon. I don't believe there is anything out there for better performance, quality or great looking polished stainless side pipes.

These should last you many, many years, and when you compare these to mild steel with coating for the cost and longevity, it was a no brainier for me.

This price for us on club cobra for $2,095 + shipping They are crated and boxed up very,...well.

If you want more information, check out Ron's site and give him a call. He's a great guy. For my "Gilmore Kit", click on this link- "NEW!! SS Side Pipe KIT". It's on page two.

You may also ask me for more photo's or PM me for my phone number.

http://fireflyperformance.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/427HISS (When you get my YouTube page up, the vid in the player is my new SS pipes. Below is the "video" section, there's a video from last years old side pipes. The sound is totally different)

Kev

Last edited by FUNFER2; 06-18-2009 at 05:04 PM..