Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

I tend to agree Mick. If there had not been these 'stimulus' spending packages we would have seen more immediate and significant impacts. In reality, I suspect that they just delayed more severe outcomes here with a 'shotgun' effect - hopefully long enough for the China/Japan trade to pick up again. Time will tell.

The big corporate crashes in the US will impact here with GMH and Toyota particularly. Large cars using gasoline are on the wane and smaller more fuel efficient ones on the increase. I was in Europe last week and was interested in the raft of new small electric cars there.

They are not pretty but large enough for 2 and accelerate well and charge overnight. Government subsidies are available to stimulate their development and use. We are an urbanised nation and I can see such vehicles finding a place here soon, for those who still want to drive (our lousy public transport) and and travel less than 150 kms each day.

In fact - this could be the next kit car industry! Make your own electric car! We could supply the plastic bodies and chassis and so on. Is there a Cobra Electric in there somewhere as well?

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.