View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOOD View Post
I'm very much a rookie with the "car show & cruise in" activities. Have gone to a few shows with friends, followed their lead, and registered. Always confused as to which catagory to select.
I did a weeknight small local church cruise in / car show this week by myself. Wife and friends were busy and thought I meet some new people. So,..I registered, 17 catagories and I still was indecisive about which one to choose. Came down to Best Ford OR Best Unique. I figured I would avoid offending the Ford purists. About 70 cars showed up and I walked aropund to see them all. Realized, at that point, only three "vehicles" chose the Best Unique catagory: Me, a VW (half dune buggy, half pickup), and a kids go cart (that his dad bought, not built).

Now I just want to leave, but I stay and do meet some people to talk cars.
Comes the awards and I'm wishing, "not me, please not me".

The MC prefaces this last award presentation by saying, "The judges don't select the catagories, the owners choose them", and calls my name. I'm thinking, "I should have left, but I can't escape now". It looked like I chose the unique catagory and "stole" the trophy from a 12 year old kid. The kid and the cart already left and I couldn't pass the trophy along to him.

I think I shall never register at a show again. Painfull, rookie mistake!
I think I shall just stick to driving.
I go to a couple of car shows and cruise nites a year, I like to see other cars and talk to the owners/builders, have made many friends over the years......

Simple solution to your problem, keep going, at the registration desk,just tell them you want to register your car as a "Display Only" car, no classification, no judging, that's what I do.......and then enjoy the show, the cars and the people...........

David