View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default Ford Fest at Bandimere

Every year, the Ford Fest is sponsored by Phil Long Ford. It's actually a good dealership. I puirchased my Mustang and Michele's Cougar from them.

Anyway, I look foreward to this every year. We don't always make it, but I do look foreward to it. This year, I was the only Roadster there. Not sure why, but there've been a lot of car stuff in the last couple of weeks. So I think people just stayed home.

I really like this show. It involves a lot of drag racing, and a lot of show cars. And many that do both. I didn't race for a lot of reasons. Mostly I don't enjoy drag racing - not enough seat time.

Lots of great cars show out for this one. Rare classics, brand new Mustangs, highly modded Edge Mustangs, you name it. Even some diesel trucks went on the track. One diesel Expidition had us laughing. But 17.5 isn't a bad time for a Ford Monolith.

Of course, this post would be worthless without pictures.

The '69 Fastback is my favorite Mustang of all time. I rebuilt one back in the early 90's, and I miss it.

5.0 Shoot Out. They had to go on a 5 mile "cruise" through city street before hitting the track.

There were quite a few really nice Fairlanes