View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 Factory Five MKIII Cobra
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Doc View Post
I just came from the Nashville Nationals Good Guys car show. I drove the Cobra, but did not put it in the show. There were two Cobras there in the "Show and Shine." Both were good looking cars. I noticed one of them (a Unique I think) had Autometer gauges and the tach was resting on 1200RPM, or so. I also have the Autometer vintage gauges and my tach normally sits around 1000 – 1100 with the ignition off as well. I used this common trait as an opening to speak to the owner and his wife, saying I owned a BDR and asked about his car. You would have thought I insulted the guy! He acted like I was asking about his personal life or something…definitely did not want to talk about the car. My wife could not believe it either. She made the comment to me as we walked away that if you put your car on display at a show like the Good Guys, you should expect questions from folks and should be prepared to talk about your ride. After all, isn’t that what this hobby all about? I don’t get it.

Gun Doc
It must have something to do with the approach??
You must have made the same mistake I made. A few more shows and we'll figure it out....