View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Most manufacturers are set up for only a few suspension choices. Drastic changes will cost more money if made after the chassis production stage than during but there may also be some questions on compliance.

RMC and GForce set for Jag gear, Classic Revival uses Jag front I think and Ford BTR rear, Harrisons have a few variables I believe Skyline or Commodore, so your kit choice can dictate these options too.

Unless you can run an AU XR8 donor engine ie windsor, the modular motors are larger and certain kits struggle to accomodate, even if permissable. This why the growth of the Chebby parade for engine options.

There are noises about of ADR repeal in this department though and regressing enough to bring back the venerable 302 (5L) option.

Do plenty of homework before you jump. Catch up with your WA bretheren as to what they believe is currently allowed via WA engineering and your options and choices.

And I did also mean to say my mate also plugged and played with the whole wiring loom, to simplify the wiring phase, though it makes for bulky loom placement. Only thing he couldn't overcome to date is the cruise control, as he went the standard cobra dash look and is missing a warning light or something that activates the CC.

Good luck.