View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, Cammed LS1, 6 speed
Not Ranked     

I went down this path with my Harrison. Bought a complete VY SS for the engine, 6 speed, wiring harness etc. But for me it's all the little things you don't think of at the time, I also used the fuel pump/sender unit, fuel line connectors, front brake rotors and calipers and as a bonus I was able to sell the leather seats, gauge cluster, exhaust sytem, lowered springs and shocks, rear calipers, LSD diff centre and a few other bits and pieces that people bought when they came around to get something I had advertised. Unfortunately there wasn't a sellable panel left but if you got one that had only some damage you may be able to sell panels too. All up everything that I needed cost me a bit over $3k. Oh, and half a tank of go juice now in the wifes Berlina. The only thing is you have to be prepared to strip all the parts and advertise them. Be careful at Damaged Vehicle Auctions if the car has front end damage suspect to engine condition as they won't often let you start them to see if they run.