View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
drivers door needs to move either back or the front needs to move out to keep the air gap big enough to keep the door from catching on the front fender when opened. seems in the sun it is the worst and could see damage resulting from this, paint is already skinned off and don't want the fiberglass to crack or break. door doesn't look to be adjustable where it mounts to the frame, and before i tear the door panel off am wondering if the door skin is glassed to the mount or is there adjustability there. not a big deal cause i can still hop in, just prefer not to. so all you jbl builders out there, what do you think?
I had to do the adjustment for both directions after I sent my door to get some repairs. The CSX hinge setup needed to be as far back in the grooves as possible. That fixed the latching problem. Then I needed to put some shims in the bolts at the hinge/door. That moved the front of the door outwards so it doesn't touch the body when the door opens.

All of this is invisible due to the press on cover that goes over the hinge on the inside.