View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hey Gang,
My engine is 540 inches and have a 30"x17" alum. rad from Be Cool. I was already very close to getting the car to live on the 180* T-stat but could still get caught once in a while so wanted a little more. I installed the Lincoln Mark 8 fan on my Cobray C3.

This fan is a real winner !!! Just got back from a 300 plus mile week-end trip that included a parade. The ambient temp was 89 degrees with a little humidity for fun. The
4th of July parade took 54 min. to cover about 4 miles with the first 1/2 hour going toward getting in line and stagging. The car never got over 205 degrees but that was after over a 1/2 hour at idle.

The install was very clean and easy. I wired up a controller per the schematic with a few of my own twists. I used 2 adjustable temp switches, 3@ 40 amp relays and a few feet of #8AWG feed wire. The low speed turns on at 155 degrees with high fan kicking in if temp reaches 185* in the block. I also shrouded air flow from the fans up and toward the engine rather than down or under the car.

I did use a parade only trick that (Bob B) told me about to reduce under hood temps. Roll up a towel and set it on the air cleaner to hold the hood open a few inches so air flows out. The hood just rested on the soft towel so no harm no foul and did not look bad from the sidelines. The Lincoln Fan kicks a$$