View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 02:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_SN888KE View Post
Great information. I have a new Zirgo 16" fan that is starting to make some noise, a custom aluminum fan shroud, and a Flex-a-lite Variable Speed Control unit. Was working great for about 6 months.
Can the Taurus 16" fan be removed from the plastic shroud and remounted? Anyone use the Taurus 16" fan with the Flex-a-lite Variable Speed Control unit? Hook up to high speed and let the VSC unit do the rest? Seems like a great alternative to a new $pal.
Nope, the Taurus fan's means of mounting the motor/blade is an integral part of the shroud. There's no effective way to canaballize the assembly and reuse the fan portion. You'd be better off with the whole taurus setup than your current shroud/Zirgo anyway.

BTW ... The Taurus fan is classified as a 17" fan, the Lincoln MK 8 being an 18". I measured the fan's blade diameter and it was a tad over 16". I thought it odd and then went an measured the blade on my current Flexalite "16" Back Max. It was 15". I then measured both fans' round discharge openings in their shrouds. The Taurus was 17" and the Flexalite was 16". Go figure ...

Dave