View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
Nope, the Taurus fan's means of mounting the motor/blade is an integral part of the shroud. There's no effective way to canaballize the assembly and reuse the fan portion. You'd be better off with the whole taurus setup than your current shroud/Zirgo anyway.

BTW ... The Taurus fan is classified as a 17" fan, the Lincoln MK 8 being an 18". I measured the fan's blade diameter and it was a tad over 16". I thought it odd and then went an measured the blade on my current Flexalite "16" Back Max. It was 15". I then measured both fans' round discharge openings in their shrouds. The Taurus was 17" and the Flexalite was 16". Go figure ...

Dave
I'd have to agree with that. The fan shroud and the way the motor is supported by the webbing I think is a great contributor to why this fan flows so well. You look at a Zirgo side by side and the motor webbing on the Zirgo has to be a restricting factor. They use a lot more webbing to get the fan depth down under 4". I think they measure fans like they do TV's. What ever measure is longer thats the size.