View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Legendary Autos, 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Just installed my M8 fan I purchased from fleabay. Fan came in with low shorted but what I think is high worked fine so it went into the Cobra. I will settle with my Ebay seller later, they seem to be responding well so should not be an issue. Antway i was in a parade on the 4th which lasted 1 1/2 hrs and the car never got above 175 with an outside ambient of 90 deg F. I had a 16" that never really did the job. Thanks to all the guys inputing on the Tarus and M8 fans. I REALLY had to cut the shroud close due to the rack being too close to the Rad. Blade is within 1/8" but still seems to pull over all the Rad. I have a Monometer that measures down to the hundreths of inchec water column. Before taking of the old fan i would only measure best on front side of fan at .03 - .04 inches water column Now I measue .36-.42 inches water column. Guys, That is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in terms of air flow. I would think something in the range of at least a 300% increase in air flow!!!! I can feel the air flow in back of the car. When I get the (bad) fan motor changed I will see what it will do on low speed. I installed 8 ga. wire from 100 amp continuous power contactors, and to accomodate the higher amp draw of about 45 amp continuous I also installed a 140 amp PowerMaster Race Alternator. With my 3:1 rotor ratio at 1000 rpm idle it puts out 91 amps! Finally, I can take my eyes off the temp gauge and watch the road.