View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRooster View Post
I really never go to shows anymore, unless it revolves around the rolex type shows they have at Limerock. But I have never met anyone like you have David. That sucks. Are you sure you dont give anyone attitude first and you dont realize it? The guy that asked you to park by the bathrooms deserved a smack in the chops. How did you restrain yourself. I have had my car for over 6 years now and I have never had a problem with a fellow cobra owner..ever. Other morons......sometimes. And it almost always revolves around someone pressing me on how much I paid for the car. I cant say how much I cant stand that. So the past 3 or 4 years, I just drive. I dont park and talk anymore.
Dane;

Actually the bad ones are in the minority.. These things have happened over the last 15 years......so it's not that bad.....

Actually when meeting a Cobra owner or ANY car owner at any event,be it car show,cruise nite or race track, my standard procedure is to introduce myself while complimenting the car. Goes something like this: Hi, my name is David Gagnard, I really like you paint colors......or, My name is David Gagnard, I really like your car, mind if I look at it a little closer????? I ALWAYS introduce myself and say something nice about the car,heck, I like the car, that's why I'm looking at it,so it's easy to say something nice about something you like..

I have never ever said anything that could be remotely thought of as derogatory about anyone's car, regardless of car type. If I don't like a particular car, I just stay away from it, plain and simple. But I like all cars from the lowly VW on up to 2000/3000 series Cobras.....

One more little story,will let all know how I feel about any car.. We had 2 Old Car clubs get together for a picnic one summer day a few years ago, probably 40 or more cars and 60 to 70 folks.... Most every car type you can imagine. Well, one car club brought 3 little trophys and asked one guy (older bodyman all his life and great car guy) to look over the cars and award the 3 trophys. He said: NO CAN DO.......they thought he was being an a$$hole and told him so.

This is what he said in return:
You don't have enough trophys, you see, you need one for every car here..There are ALL WINNERS in their own rite and in my book.....

Then he points to a perfect/dropdead georgous black 57 T-Bird,says that guy wrote a check for the car and bought a perfect 100 point car and he's damn proud of it and should be,he's got a perfect 100 point car.It's a winner anywhere/anytime.

Then he points to a little late 60's VW bug, about half in primer and the fenders and door on one side are all different colors, it's been in the process of being restored by it's owner in his driveway for the last year or so. He's done every bit of work on it all by himself as his budget will allow and it'll probably take him another year to finish it, you think he not's proud of what he's accomplished so far???????? He's a WINNER IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At that, everyone became real quite and realised the old car guy was right and had the right attitude about cars and their owners, I always felt the same way he has.......

David