View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug;

I was looking at the ones from Jegs/Summit and decided I could build one for a ton less money,so I did,basically just form the pistures in the catalogs!!!!!!!!!!

I did make a few changes to suit my needs. I had an extra radiator and some electric fans, have a bunch of square steel tubing of varouis sizes/lengths, a Harbor Frieght chop saw and a Lincoln Mig welder. I probably spent 2 days cutting it all out, they sand lbasting the tubing and welding it up. I used a spare 302 block for my mounts and measurements. Then I made the gauge panel out of an old STOP sign, bought some of the less expensive gauges at O'Rielly's, some I already had..... probably have less than a hundred bucks in it compared to 2 grand from Jegs/Summit.......

Be warned, when folks find out you got this stand, you'll have a lot of new friends!!!!!!!!!! I really don't mind though.....

It's real easy to test your engine for leaks and such as well as break it in and set timing/carb when you can walk around it and work on it.......

I plan to clean up mine this weekend and re-wire some of the gauges and make everything nice and neat..........

Here's a few pictures of mine......

David

Last edited by DAVID GAGNARD; 07-14-2009 at 08:33 PM..