View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=LoBelly;966831]Could this be the stand?

hmmm...

looks like another project...

ta

dat be the one I made, couldn't get the pictures on the post like I would've liked too.........

I have some more pics and can take a few more now that there's no engine on it right now........

It's really very simple and works great,easy to build if you can half-a$$ weld like ME!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I was worried about was if the whole thing would "walk" while running an engine on it, well, it didn't and doesn't!!!!!!!!

The stand and wiring is kinda "primative" as you see. Plans for this coming weekend are to re-wire the whole thing, nice and neatly with those corrugated wire cover things from factory cars and add a battery tray/box.
I have an extra 1-wire alternator and brackets I put on the motor which keeps the battery charged. Without the alternator, running the ignition and electric fan, you need to have a battery charger on the battery to keep it up for any running time over 20 minutes or so..... The motor on the stand in the picture is my 472hp race motor and I've run it for as long as one hour and fifteen minutes at one time... I like to get at least 2 hours of break-in and run time on it before putting it in the car.........

This is one of the best things I've made and have in my shop. It makes tuning and making adjustments a breeze when you can walk around the motor and get to it. Also, easier to find and fix any leaks before it's in the car.... The picture doesn't show it, but I run it with muffler, makes hearing "funny" noises easier and keeps the neighbors happy...........

David