Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hey there Bernie,
The guys I played with where a couple of South African fellas, there handicaps were high teens, and one American guy who played of 2.
The 2 Sth Africans where there for a good time and made it enjoyable, the American Guy, he was very nervous and sadly did not play as well as he could have.

The Sth African guys had a dig at me, on the 14th hole after my good drive, I was about 1 meter in front of one of the Sth Africans, he fired a 3 wood at the green and got on, My caddie looked at me and said that I could go for the green and would get there if I hit a good shot, but there was plenty of trouble if I did not and he would hate to see me wreck what could be a good card for my handicap.
So when I layed up the Sth African reckons it is teh only time he has seen an Aussie back down from a challenge.

It was a day I will remember forever, playing with good guys and great caddies just made it even more memorable.

In the picture I included, you can see the 2 Sth African guys in teh background, the taller one is the fella that was giving me curry, the shorter one, on the last hole (hole in picture) he hit his drive with a big cut, it hit one of the cars parked on teh side of the road in teh picture.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 07-16-2009 at 06:51 PM..