Thread: An FE story:
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default An FE story:

Here's a story....a few years ago some guy on a green crotch rocket (my son says a Kawasaki Ninja 1000 or some such thing) with his matching green biker clothes and green helmet, started following me around town. I was heading up to the highway to take a short cruise and then get back to town via the next exit. The motocycle guy was behind me as I started gently up the on-ramp. I could see him looking over his left shoulder checking for traffic, as he was itching to pass and leave me in the dust. So I let him pass. Just as he got by, I gave the car about 1/2 throttle in 2nd gear. And I caught up, and in fact, had to back off the gas a bit. Meanwhile this guy is going up through the gears winding it to red-line with every shift. So he finally relaxes and looks in his side mirror expecting to see me 1/2 mile back. Instead, I was right on his tail. He did this amazing double-take in the mirror. Too funny to see his helmeted head check the mirror, look forward, then snap back to check again......

Anyway, not too shabby considering the power to weight ratio advantage a motorbike typically has.