View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Wiring prices

Rog246,

My wiring was done by a Cobra owner (he has done over 20 cars)
and the job was outstanding.

I dropped the car off (with no wires at all) he supplied all the materials, harness (outsourced the Gen 4 harness as it was his first) relays, alarm, interior lights, door lights, air con wiring, boot lights, door releases (3) calibrated the speedo. He also added some extra bits like relocated battery leads (so I can relocate the battery) dimmers on the doors, extra lights in the foot well.

He rang a few weeks later to say the car started first time, he was a bit dissapointed as most of the old Windsors needed a tickle to get them going. It was $6k, IMO money well spent.

The most impressive bit is the way the wiring has been hidden, it looks like a factory job. As someone else has said, jobs that only need to be done once should be done right. I have seen Cobra's wired by Auto Elect's that think its a normal car, great price BUT they look like a heap of spagetti has been dumped into the engine bay, not a pretty sight when you open the bonnet.

STIFFY