View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default clutch disc 1 3/8" x 10 spline 12"

About eight years ago I failed to keep up with the clutch adjustments. The throw out bearing froze up and damaged my pressure plate fingers. I have a McLeod alluminum flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate, Old school 11 1/2" (now 12") clutch disc for a Ford Toploader 4spd trans 1 3/8" x 10 spline input shaft. I had the flywheel machined for and had the 12" heatsheild installed. I bought a new clutch disc and as I remember it was their 800 series dual performance clutch disc. The problem is McLeod says they had problems with and discontinued this series of clutch discs.
This cobra replica's engine combination doesn't do slow well . Normal traffic starts, driveways, parking garages, and such, cause the clutch to wear and thusly needing frequent adjustment to insure proper free travel. I'm planning on replacing the clutch disc this winter. I hope some other clutch manufactures have made some technilogical discoveries I want reasons why one brand and or series and part number is the right choice for me. I'am planning on trying some things to get the best state of tune on the engine to increase my low end for better starts. I'll take part of the blame, It appears I slip the clutch a little too much. I don't need lessons as I drive an Old 84 Toyota Landcruiser to and from work everyday. Please help.