View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael C Henry View Post
13" would require a change of the flywheel & pressure plate. and what about the 1 3/8" x 10 spline center?
Yes, it has a 1 3/8 x 10 -- I just happened to stumble on it.. A lot of us have DF clutches from Centerforce, but you need to call them up and talk with them. They are happy to "mix and match" with you, but you can't really do that on your own from the catalog. For instance, if you have the TKO (like me) behind an FE you have to have a Chevy spline but a PP that bolts up to your Ford flywheel. That's easy to do over the phone, but you can't do it on their site or by mixing and matching their DF stuff via the catalog. If you call them though and say "I need a 12 inch 1 3/8 x 10 that bolts to my Ford flywheel" they'll fix you right up... but they aren't cheapest folks in town (don't even ask me what I paid for my aluminum flywheel from them).

EDIT -- If you do go with Centerforce, most of us remove the goofy little weights they put on the fingers -- they're generally regarded as a gimmick that has tended to cause more problems than they've fixed.

Last edited by patrickt; 07-25-2009 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Remembered the adviso regarding the goofy little weights...