View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

ScottJ, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

My motor sits on these Dodge motor mounts, and the only guy who sells these polyurethane mounts (no, the bigger brands do not have them) wants $148 a pair. Again, this is a small amount to pay IF THEY WORK and the engine does not rotate. Its not like I am not willing to dump money where I need to, but I want to be smart about it, and I want to KNOW the polyurethane is going to do it without and manufacturing involved.

So it looks like everyone is saying solid mounts are great, use them, but not as a cruiser or driver. Polyurethane should do the trick. I will have problems (and I never can get from anyone what those problems are?) with solid motor mounts.

The responses to the posts are becoming cryptic, solid motor mounts are okay, but don't use them because ???. I am not trying to be a smart a$$, but it seems like people here use them, but don't recommend them for my problems. Maybe because plyurethane will do the trick?

At either rate; it looks like the concensus is go to polyurethane.

Last edited by Xavier; 07-29-2009 at 01:42 PM..