View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakbutler View Post
Arthur
rear height at frame is 7" Front height at frame is 6"
ground to fender lip
rear 28 1/2
front 26 1/2
I can probably drop the rear another 1/2" frame to floor, but that would be about it.
Hope this helps
Leo

PS fast cars ifs will probably be my next upgrade.
How do you like the stance & height as you've set it up?

I'm setting up my Cobra to have 5" ground to frame clearance, front & back. I hope I'm not going too low. I can always adjust it up, but shimming the half-shafts to get rear wheel camber correct can be a pain. I only want to do this once.

Fast Cars is a really great system Ted is a great guy. I believe that Unique Cobra IFS will fit the Butler too, but Fast Cars is a 2 hour drive for me, so I could check it out easily. I looked at all my receipts for putting together my modified MGB front end that I had already installed on my car and I spent about $3,000.00 and that was 15 years ago. I never put a mile on MGB IFS. I was never happy with having such a basic setup on the Cobra. I think it's a total mismatch for the super rear IFS. Was happy to be rid of it.