CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing
Send a message via AIM to DA5ID
Not Ranked     
Arrow FFR Ride Quality Improvement Advice:

Hey Kids,

So, I recently purchased FFR2842!

I have to say, I am so happy and excited to finally get one and can't wait to get started wrenching on her and making her my own.

I do have some questions for you builders though and at the risk of sounding redundant would love it if you guys could share some experience with me?

She comes from a 94 donor pony car and I noticed that the rack is actually a power steering rack. All I would have to do is run a pump and lines and she'll be good to go there.

Have any of you guys put power steering in your FFR? Do you like it? Any drawbacks or gotcha's to watch out for?

What about IRS? I was thinking maybe IRS would improve ride quality... but I want to hear from someone that has done the conversion before I put in the time and money.

I guess my biggest issue I am looking to improve ride quality. Having a look there are already coil overs on the car, and the springs in the back look pretty standard (maybe 600 lbs?) haven't tested them yet.

Anyway, I am looking to upgrade the suspension and wanted to know (for a street rod) what you guys think are your favorite for these super light cars. I read somewhere that the SPF guys use bmw suspension which is definitely nice, and I saw some JAG kits but I guess I am looking for some real experience before I pull the trigger.

What's your favorite suspension?

Oh yeah... also... As it stands, there are spacers on the back wheels. I just love the way they look when they are not tucked under the wheel-well, but obviously it raises an issue with regards to rear-wheel vertical travel.

If it turns out I need to remove the spacers and tuck the wheels back in, I'm open to it to improve ride quality, but I figured I would try upgraded suspension first because if possible I'd like to keep her looking this way.

I guess that's it for now...

I really appreciate any advice or experience you guys can share.

Thanks!