View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     
Default couple jbl observations re braking & handling

one of the cars has the bias adjuster for the peddles and it seems to be quite sensitive. 1 click or quarter turn is the difference between the fronts and rears locking up. had it set for front lockup w/almost full tank of gas and now that the tank is down about 8 gallons the rear locks up again. have to reset.

with sway bars set full soft both tires on either end would break loose simultaneously depending on loose or tight. richard suggested sway bars needed to be set at least 25% to transfer weight and this made a night and day difference in the way the car cornered, for the better i might add. seems with sway bars dead soft there was no wt. transfer and both tires would break loose on either front or back, something i had never experienced before. with the bars soft the car still cornered quite well btw.

with the radiator shroud the car reaches and maintains temp, before the temp would remain lower especially at hiway speeds. seems the air going around the radiator helped to cool things down in the engine bay.