View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary with 482 KC/SO, TKO600,IRS Jag/AMP, 3.54 Salisbury PL,
Not Ranked     
Default Scoop probably the culprit

I have been all day trying out different combinations of emulsion tubes and jets. Since my A/F gauge only shows rich, I went out to check the combustion looking at the plugs.
I noticed that the two front cylinder plugs ( 1 and 5) read rich, and all the others lean. I did change the front main jets from 140 to 135 and the rear ones to 145 with no improvement. I changed all except 1 and 5 to 150 and still the same result.
I think the rear cylinders are getting less air than the front ones. So I proceeded to cover up the scoop and went out again, still with the 135 mains on cilinders 1 and 5 a nd 150 on the rest.
Well, the plugs have all the same dark brown color now ( it got dark so I coiuld not see the difference very well, but it was close) and the hesitation , stop and go feeling was gone also.
I will do more testing with the covered up scoop, but I think that it has to do with air flowing to fast over the Weber trumpets the feeding air uneven to the eight throats.