View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I have now run my car two days in a row with this new fan in 95*F Houston heat and high humidity and it solved the problem completely. Previously the temps would slowly climb to 210-220 at idle, making it quite unnerving to negotiate traffic. Now I can idle in the driveway for 30 minutes and it sits right at 190-195F with the fan on low speed. When I flip it on high, it drops about 5*. The massive airflow cfm coupled with the large shroud is in my opinion why it works so well.

I am using Dave's (The Hollister Road) harness from earlier in this thread, with the low speed circuit wired to a 185*F electric temp switch inline between my expansion tank and radiator inlet, and the high speed is presently routed to a dash toggle. I will likely add another inline temp switch to make the high speed automatic, but keeping the dash switch just in case. FYI, his relay assembly is 1st class, industrial strength and wired specifically for this fan/application. Directions to install are very straight-forward.

I HIGHLY recommend this fan for anyone wanting to forever remove any overheating concerns.

I need to engineer permanent mounts this weekend and then I'll post up pics.

Last edited by elmariachi; 08-03-2009 at 08:51 PM..