View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

there are a couple pics of the radiator shroud. the debris on the radiator is bug. the aluminum piece from the inlet to the radiator was difficult. i don't know what jbl uses or what it is supposed to look like but this is the best i could do. i wanted to use as few pieces as possible and had to scrap a couple ideas, the curves and aluminum are just too difficult to work with in large pieces, ended up using 8 different pieces.

i was expecting a large improvement in cooling, it just wasn't there. i guess the benefit would be a reduction in underhood air pressure.

i had problems with the car not idling down and finally looked at the brand new davis dui distributor and discovered the mechanical advance sticking. there was a place under the rotor that was relieved but not enough and was catching one of the posts the weights are hooked to. got this fixed and discovered the advance was not what it was supposed to be, had to run the engine at 16 idle to get the advance to 32 which would make the engine idle at 1800-2000 rpm so i sent the distributor back for a checkup, see how this one turns out.