View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon SPF 2798 View Post
I have an SPF Cobra MK II with Woush 427SR making 500HP with a TREMEC TKO 6000 model 5008. I have been experiencing some difficulting shifting into third gear primarily, but also into fifth and most recently into first gears. I can usually get it back into second or fourth OK , and then usually after some fiddling back into third or whatever.

Only have 2300 miles on car so am not expecting worn out clutch. I have adjusted the clutch slave activation arm per instructions as well as clutch peddle throw length.

I have found another forum discussing similar problems with TKO 600 transmissions(not shifting into third) in other applications. I am wondering if the members of this forum might have more insight and ideas for a fix.

Is there a way to tell for sure if this is my problem, or determine what else may be causing my symtoms?

Thanks

Lon #2798
Lon,

Welcome to CC and congrats on the SPF! Once you rule out any possible mechanical problems, you may find (as others have) that the second to third shift on the TKO600 can take a little getting used to. You might want to explore the idea of installing a quick shift kit like the Steeda Tri-Ax. It shortens the throw and improves the shift from second to third.

Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

I don't know about others, but it took me some time to get comfortable with the TKO-600. You've got to be smooth...try to jam it or push it to hard, and it seems to increase the chance of a mis-shift. Again, just my experience with it so far.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it