View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra bill View Post
Funny you guise mentioned AMC, I have been collecting them for years, I have never had a Marlin, though I would not be opposed to having one if I were to run across the right deal, I have had 19 AMX's all together and as many as 9 at one time with 7 running, I'm down to 2 now and feeling much better, those 12 step programs really work Ha! I do have a Trans Am Javelin, one of my better kept secrets, I have not pulled that car out in 10 year maybe more.
As for the future of car shows, I believe they will be there, it's so ingrained in our society that there's no way it will ever change, the cars will change, and just as with the model T and the early cars of that period, they are rarely seen at shows, the ones from the 50's and 60's will be the same, it's hard to tell what will be classics in the future, who would have thought that a Duster or a Valiant would ever have been a collector car, so you never know!
C-B,
What colour are the chassis of your AMCs?
It's not exactly a closely held secret around here, but I'm a bit of model car nut, and I have some AMC race cars to do, and damn little reference to go on. First up is the 1966 Marlin that ran at the 24 Hours of Daytona. It was bone stock except for a removed rear seat, carpet, and exhaust. They ran with Hudson steel wheels they had lying around, stock radio, and an extra Sun tach in front of the driver. I'm trying to figure out if the chassis was body colour, or something else. And then I have a Team Highball AMX to do...

Steve