View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

Used black and white tile laid down with 1/2 the amount of thinset because I also park a bus conversion on tile which weighs 48000 lbs. We used a laser to set tiles square and helped to go around mill and lathe. If I ever remove mill or lathe the tiles can be set real easy to finish floor. The mill, lathe and two post lift are setting on concrete. The four post lift I set on top of tile with thin piece of belting and did not bolt down. I had race deck at first and it would move under the weight of the bus, real mess if I turned any at all. Have 14' tall door sun comes in and would buckle race deck. Have friends with epoxy paint and they also have bus conversion. They have paint lift. I hve no problems with tile except slippery when wet. If I use floor jacks or engine host I put down 1/2" sheets of osb to work on. I have a dirty room to weld and grind in with exhaust fans, but if need to weld in main room can use leather tarps under car. So easy to keep clean I feel its worth the small problems as noted .