View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

I was fortunate enough to tour the CCX facility while it was in its hay day. I remember Peter almost jumped out of his skin when I hypnotically reached out a finger to touch the mold. Peter climbed up on the cowl of a body fresh from the mold and jumped up and down on it like John Cleese to demonstrate the solid construction. While I studied a car in the showroom I discovered a tube behind the dash. Peter started chuckling to himself. He elaborated with stories of panic stricken passengers reaching for a dash board to hold on to wrecking the dash. That of course led to the reinforcing tube I discovered. I clearly remember him belabouring the paint quality. He said if you choose CCX or any glass bodied replica spend the money on a good paint job. After you've spent all your moula on a nice car make sure that's still in the budget at the end. That is the thing that separates assembled vehicles with a glass body in his experience. You guys know that or learned from it. Most of the CCX cars I have seen have paint jobs as old as the vehicles and still as nice as them.