View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
I think that may be my 427 body next to yours, as Peter just let me know last week that chassis #783 is for me. The body was finished about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to be posting my build specs later... but first I need to get back to work. doh.

Quick question though: when would be the best time to visit ERA? I was planning on just after my 427 returns from paint and before final assembly starts. Opinions?

Mooch ...

For me I planned on one visit (coming form California), so I wanted to make it count. I am tall and knew that I needed to have some adjustments made to the car, so it made sense to meet with Peter and have them make some measurements, prior to staring the chassis.

So ... if you have some special requests that would have an influence on the chassis, then the time to go is before the chassis is started. If you don't need anything special, the probably the time to go is after the car is back from paint and just going on the final assembly lift.

If you have the time and can manage the travel, then a couple of visits would be good. I know if I lived closer, I would stop by periodically just to check things out.

The other guys that have been though this process might have some good insights as well.

Regards,

- Tim