Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR 385 View Post
Rodknock,

I am not surprised at your reaction, I would expect it from a closed-minded, anal-retentive, elitist like yourself. Dr385
I resemble that remark.

Now back to the comparison.

So for another $6,000 +/- (add any additional block machining) in addition to the basic KC 514 price of $10,600, you still won't have a 385 series engine that weighs the same as the $17,000 KC 482 (with Pond block). I would still want the lightness of the 482 in the front when driving around at track events or spirited driving town and such.

Will you need those heads from C&C for that block? If so, then you'll have to add another $4,000-8,000 at least, according to that website? So what do you have there? An all aluminum 385 series engine for $25,000-$30,000?

Now you could pay an extra $500 or so for the "big bore" option on a Shelby block purchase and get a 527ci engine with some BT heads and voila! Right around $20,000-ish. I thought about it, but wanted the additional material around the cylinders.

Doc, as for the other nonsense, I was only kidding around. If you would write without all the various insults and non sequiturs, adding a pic of a chess piece or something to your gallery, you may not upset as many people as you have. Nothing wrong with having a little good discourse.